Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another Day in Paradise

For a second day (in a row!!) .... no nausea, no pain! Hallelujah! The morning began with a visit to my general practice doc, just checking in after surgery, which was a surprise to him. It was really quite touching, when he got tears in his eyes and told me, "You just made my whole day... because now I know you're going to be all right". Of course, that was punctuated by the news that I'm down 30 pounds from the last time I visited him (in December). Cool.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good."... so said Stephen Wright.
"I intend to live forever. Or die trying." ... thank you, Groucho Marx

I like both of these statements, both of these affirmations of life. They may not make much sense until that phrase "living forever" is viewed not as a verb, but as an adjective... a description of the way any of us most wants to pass through the days. LIVING forever is far superior to simply existing. And to die trying to LIVE means more than simply staving off the grim reaper. So here's to life abundant and joy overflowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment